Before you visit
Transport from airport
For convenient shuttle services to and from the airport, Alpine Express is available for door-to-door service, as well as the new service from the guys at Crested Butte Shuttle. Or try Hertz, Budget and Avis for car rentals.
Weather and Road conditions
Go to Weather.com.
Maps & Directions
Contact information for house
219 Whiterock Avenue, Crested Butte, CO 81224
Tel.: (970) 349-1301
Book a Guide
Don't leave this to the last minute! If you would like us to put you in contact with our favorite guides and adventure specialists, contact us by using the button below. Or, get in touch with our friends at Colorado Backcountry.
We tend to fly in from the East Coast - best bet is to go via Denver.
Options from Denver:
- Take the plane to Gunnison, then rent a car, or reserve a seat on the Alpine Express for the 40 minute drive to Crested Butte (we tend only to need a car in the non-ski months when we go on excursions - you don't need a car if you're staying in town.)
- There's a new outfit offering more personal pickups from the airport: The Crested Butte Shuttle Service.
- There is now a free bus shuttle between Gunnison and Crested Butte. It doesn't stop at the airport and it's a little irregular, but if you don't have too much luggage and you time it right, you can walk to the nearest stop: http://www.gunnisonvalleyrta.org/
- Drive from Denver to Crested Butte. This can be fun in the more lenient months if you have time, but you need to allow at least 5 to 6 hours from the airport.
- Try to get a car share on Craigslist! We've never tried this and wouldn't recommend it, but we know a few people who have done it.